PDA

View Full Version : Trouble opening OF on iPhone

waynefritsche
2011-10-15, 06:06 AM
When I tap the OF icon on my iPhone it opens, says its optimizing the database, and there is is progress visible on the task bar, albeit very slow. During this process I am able to click the add action button and enter an action; however, at some point during the database optimization, the application always closes. If I tap the icon again, the process starts over. I'm no longer able to get to my project lists or perspectives. Does anyone else have this problem and/or recommendations to fix it?

Brian
2011-10-17, 06:29 PM
Sorry for the trouble this is causing! This generally means that the database on the phone has grown larger than the device can comfortably work with. iOS devices are pretty amazing, but they don't have anywhere close to the horsepower that even a low-end Mac Mini has.

The tips on the first page of this thread (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=12071) have often helped folks shrink their databases back down to a size that works better in the mobile apps. If those tips don't work, get in touch with our support ninjas and we can assist. You can call 800.315.6664, or you can email them (omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com). Sorry again for the trouble!