PDA

View Full Version : OminFocus crashes when started

jmmitchell
2008-07-16, 07:29 PM
i can't figure out what is happening, but everytime i try to launch OF it just quits and goes back to the app screen. any thoughts on how to fix it? thanks.

mikegsimpson
2008-07-16, 07:54 PM
I have the same issue. A few uses after setting up syncing with mobile me the Omnifocus app tries to start up and then just returns me to the home screen.

mikegsimpson
2008-07-16, 08:03 PM
This was probably an obvious thing to do, but I just tried deleting OF from my home screen and then re-syncing with itunes to put OF back on my iPod touch. OF is now opening and working properly again.

Brian
2008-07-16, 08:09 PM
I'm linking to the Tech Note that Apple has on this subject so other folks may find it when searching the forums.

Troubleshooting Applications Purchased from the App Store (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702)

Instead of emailing Apple, though, please send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Brian
2008-07-16, 08:12 PM
Went ahead and added the post above to the F.A.Q.

AquaMethod
2008-07-16, 08:31 PM
I'm linking to the Tech Note that Apple has on this subject so other folks may find it when searching the forums.

Troubleshooting Applications Purchased from the App Store (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702)

Instead of emailing Apple, though, please send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Are the crash logs stored in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice of any use to you guys?

Zoolok
2008-07-17, 09:43 AM
This was probably an obvious thing to do, but I just tried deleting OF from my home screen and then re-syncing with itunes to put OF
I tried this on my iPhone. All was fine until I was told it couldn't sync as I was not authorised to use OF on my computer.
I redownloaded it from iTunes ... I just hope it doesn't charge me twice for it!

Lizard
2008-07-17, 09:52 AM
Are the crash logs stored in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice of any use to you guys?

Quite possibly. If you don't mind, please attach them to an email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Brian
2008-07-17, 11:11 PM
I tried this on my iPhone. All was fine until I was told it couldn't sync as I was not authorised to use OF on my computer.
I redownloaded it from iTunes ... I just hope it doesn't charge me twice for it!

Check with Apple - the App Store has a record of what you bought, so you should get a 'would you like to download this again for free' notice before the download....

If this happens again, you'll want to select Store -> Authorize Computer in iTunes.