The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My months with OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I'm puzzled by this seeming perception that OmniFocus is so complicated. Why are people so intimidated? I guess there's a lot of flexibility that can maybe seem a little scary at first.
There's a lot of flexibility in the app, and if you haven't read David Allen's book, you've actually got two simultaneous learning curves to deal with. It's also fundamentally not a document-editing application, which folks are a little more used to starting from scratch in. It's a 'figure out how to run my life' app, which is somewhat daunting all by itself.

Quote:
And I wonder what could be done to alleviate people's fears.
Well, more tutorials and videos, probably. If Apple would refrain from throwing total game-changing curveballs like new hardware platforms at us, we might have a chance to make some. :-)

Quote:
But I guess these questions are better discussed in another thread. Sorry for the digression.
Apology accepted but unnecessary, in my opinion. :-)