The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How big is too big for a database? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm half way through getting this fixed.

I think that the auto-sync setting for mobile me + my incredible growing database (it's already 1.4MB and it's only been a few hours:eek: ) together created the issue.

I turned off auto-sync. I had a little bit of trouble getting the old file deleted. I was able to do so online, rather than through the finder. Since I was sure the old file was screwed up, I was fine deleting it rather than re-naming it.

Once I got it deleted. I restarted everything and tried to sync, still no go. I made a DIFFERENT new folder and changed the destination in my OF sync preferences and it started to sync the first time, but failed (seemed to time out). I hit it again and it synced.

I'm now going to try syncing the iphone.

And I'll copy this into my email to the ninjas.

My question to them, but I'll ask it here too...what is supposed to happen with the OmniFocus.ofocus file? Is it supposed to generate one of the 4k zip files with each sync? with each change? I was down to a handful of files when it was down to 260k this morning but it's back over 300 of them this afternoon...and I was gone most of the day. The powerbook was shut down. There is only the one, proper sync client (the powerbook). There was another one a few days ago and based on something I read on the forum I deleted the old one. But there's only been the one, proper one since all the trouble started with the syncing yesterday.

Thanks for your help whpalmer4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
My question to them, but I'll ask it here too...what is supposed to happen with the OmniFocus.ofocus file? Is it supposed to generate one of the 4k zip files with each sync? with each change? I was down to a handful of files when it was down to 260k this morning but it's back over 300 of them this afternoon...and I was gone most of the day. The powerbook was shut down. There is only the one, proper sync client (the powerbook). There was another one a few days ago and based on something I read on the forum I deleted the old one. But there's only been the one, proper one since all the trouble started with the syncing yesterday.
Yes, you do get another one of those zip files whenever something changes. I haven't looked carefully enough to say with certainty whether you get one for each and every change or if it ever bundles things that changed since the last zip file was written out. I do know that all of the "past history" which has been synced by all the clients is mashed together into one big file. The file format is relatively easy to read if you want to copy one of those new zip files to your desktop. Just double-click to unzip, and then open the contents.xml file produced with TextEdit or BBedit and have a look. You should at least be able to see what changed.