The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request: task prioritization! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
You probably could if you sorted the actions by date added or date changed in OmniFocus.
But not of some tasks need to be done every week, and some need to be done every year. For example, a yearly task completed two weeks ago would have a lower priority than a weekly task completed three days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
But yeah, the priority implementation you describe in Life Balance sounds pretty sophisticated and a real boon for those who like explicit priorities. But my question is, if Life Balance is so good at this sort of planning, why not just use Life Balance instead of OmniFocus?
Let’s see, where to begin? Life Balance doesn’t have an easy and ubiquitous way to capture new tasks; the UI of their desktop application is, frankly, horrible (they basically mimicked most of the UI from the Palm version, resulting in atrocities like a tab that contains a single slider); synchronization with the iPhone is not up to the standards I would expect; there isn’t an integrated review process that is easy to use; their development team don’t seem very responsive to product changes…I could go on and on.

However, they do have some things that OmniFocus doesn’t: Hierarchical priorities which are very easy to use but very powerful; priorities that smoothly change depending on the due date; Contexts which can be arbitrarily nested, so you don’t have to make custom Perspectives just to see, for example, everything you want to do at work.

I’m currently on the fence between the two apps, but OF is winning just because task capture is so much easier. But I keep running into roadblocks in my workflow, which are the areas I would like to see OmniFocus improve in. If those tweaks were made, OF would easily blow Life Balance away.

Last edited by abates17; 2009-03-31 at 01:25 PM..