The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Help All My Projects and its associated actions just disappeared! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While it may seem like there is a mind-boggling array of ways to change the view around, the ability to change the view in so many ways is one of the most important reasons that OmniFocus has the power that it does. An endless stream of "did you really mean to change your view settings?" dialog boxes would quickly erode the willingness to use the program for most users.

If you'd like to make a feature suggestion, use Help->Send Feedback or email omnifocus@omnigroup.com to make sure it is seen and recorded in the development database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
An endless stream of "did you really mean to change your view settings?" dialog boxes would quickly erode the willingness to use the program for most users.
A checkbox on the first dialog box to "Don't show me this dialog box again" would allow seasoned users to avoid them while enabling newbies to avoid what at least two users have gone through.

I appreciate the program's power, but having one's hard-entered data simply disappear without provocation, or apparent cure without resort to the internet or a forum, is distressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
A checkbox on the first dialog box to "Don't show me this dialog box again" would allow seasoned users to avoid them while enabling newbies to avoid what at least two users have gone through.

I appreciate the program's power, but having one's hard-entered data simply disappear without provocation, or apparent cure without resort to the internet or a forum, is distressing.
I agree with macdaddy. Happened to me today even though I didn't change anything and experienced some stressful moments till I found this thread.

Users should be warned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anametheus View Post
I agree with macdaddy. Happened to me today even though I didn't change anything and experienced some stressful moments till I found this thread.

Users should be warned.
I agree with Anametheus and macdaddy completely. I'm a new user and experienced quite a panic this morning when 90% of my data seemed to have disappeared. Took me an hour to find this thread and solve the problem. Thanks for the info.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday only it wasn't a perspectives problem. All my filters were set to show everything (Project filter set to all projects, Status Filter set to Any Status, etc.). My projects all showed up in the sidebar and projects that had actions that were due soon showed the little red or yellow icon in the sidebar. The only catch was that when I clicked on one of these projects, the actions weren't there. Even projects that had a red or yellow icon so you knew they had to have actions in them, showed up empty.

Quitting and relaunching the application brought everything back. (whew!)

Is it possible that there's some kind of bug that kicks in when the computer is asleep for an extended period of time?