The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

crApple's control freakery Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey whpalmer4,

I want to, and will (!), respond to your post in full. However, before I do that, I just wanted to say "thank-you", for reducing my blazing fury down to a manageable smouldering resentment with those pretty impressive, well thought out, reasoned arguments!
ps. I hate you.

Just so you know, I got a text first thing this morning from CarPhoneWarehouse informing me, phrased as if they were doing me a favour, that I could pick up my iPhone 4g tomorrow... and I felt ****** + **** + ******* +******* + **** because I knew immediately I was going to knuckle under and go lock myself into another two years of feeling that I'm paying Apple to treat me like a kid.

OK, I'm surrendering, so again "thank-you" for reducing the pain. I sincerely appreciate the time-and-effort you went to in responding.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-16 at 09:52 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
Hey whpalmer4,
ps. I hate you.
Glad I wasn't drinking at the time I read that :-)

I just couldn't live with myself knowing that if I let you make the switch without careful consideration, 6 months from now you might be waking up every morning, looking at your OmniFocus-less phone, and thinking to yourself, "dammit, Bill was right" :-)
Quote:
another two years of feeling that I'm paying Apple to treat me like a kid.
Hey, everyone is going to treat you like a kid, right? Apple's just trying to make sure you don't hang out with the wrong kids, the other parents don't even care what happens to you. Didn't you see the big slide from the iPhone 4 press conference today? "We love our users" :-)