The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

All Tasks but 1 proj disappear Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcode View Post
I really got to get these back, I'm lost!
Sounds like your best bet is to contact Omni's tech support ninjas at omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sounds like your best bet is to contact Omni's tech support ninjas at omnifocus@omnigroup.com.
…which I now realize you've already done. They're still catching up from the long weekend, but I'll let them know about this particular issue.

I have exactly the same problems, have attempted all suggested solutions, except that I HAVE rolled back to previous saved databases and still have the problem.

Hawkcode, have you tried looking in the context view? When I do so, I see my tasks right there!! So, I'm optimistic that it's just a view thing. But I haven't gotten any reply for several days, except the form letter.

BTW, I also have only one project visible on the right when I click on library or active. I have no tasks under it. I can see no attribute that's different about the visible one. I'm really upset about the unresponsiveness.

Must have been a heck of a weekend. Still haven't gotten a reply.

Just found the problem: I had left something in the search window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsilverman View Post
Must have been a heck of a weekend. Still haven't gotten a reply.
I think you've now seen my reply in the plea from the support ninjas thread, but for anyone else who saw this thread but missed that one: the problem is not that we're not answering email, the problem is that we're receiving so much email (over two thousand messages in the last three weeks) that we haven't been able to keep up. We're answering every message as fast as we can, but sometimes it may take 2-3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsilverman View Post
Just found the problem: I had left something in the search window.
I just experienced the same thing (I think my heartbeat has slowed to normal now). Although you could say this is a user error, I think there is a valid argument on the other side. How I encountered this was that I had done a search like 30 mins ago from project view. Then I was looking at my tasks in the context view and tried to do a "Switch" using that button. OmniFocus made an error sound and refused to switch. So I switched to project view manually and saw nothing but empty projects! Sure, there was a search term but it seems that at some point that should either have been erased by the program or when I was in context view I should not have been seeing anything except search results. One of the two behaviors would make more logical sense. But hey, it is an alpha.....

Lloyd