The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeat problem: third Friday, last Monday of month Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I know this problem has been discussed before, but I can't find a thread with an adequate solution or workaround.

I have many tasks that should be done on a specific day of the month, meaning on the third Friday, or on the last Monday of the month. A repeat every 4 weeks won't do, nor will every 30 days.

I understand that the Omni people have chosen to leave such fancy scheduling to iCal, but in accordance with what I read in David Allen's GTD book, I only put real "hardlandscape" items on the calendar. These tasks are to be done on the specified day, but nothing will happen if I postpone the action or skip it altogether for that iteration.

The only way I found to do this is to set the task to not repeat and not check it off when I do it but reschedule it manually. Not very elegant!

Please point me to a better solution, if one has been suggested.

Thanks,

EllenH