The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Project-centric sorting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Apologies if this has already been referred to in the forums. I searched a couple of million words and couldn't find it.

When I fire up OF on Monday morning, I want to look at what projects are due over the next few days. The problem is, OF sorts projects on their action due dates - and because all my actions necessarily precede completion of the project, I can't get meaningful groupings of when projects fall due.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious here, or is this what OF does?

If this is what OF does, can I enter a plea for some means of project-centric sorting?

For me, it's counter-intuitive to list the project "Mulch garden" (due 18-12-07) under the Due Today" grouping, ahead of the project "Submit article xxx" (worth $4000, due 16-12-07), just because OF is sorting on an action in the garden project "Call produce store for hay prices" (due 16-12-07). Some way of sorting projects independent of actions is needed.

Matt